Date posted: May 18, 2023
- Provide external façade shop drawings that include design details satisfying architectural requirements, structural requirements and weather tightness.
- Provide die or extrusion drawings.
- Provide fabrication drawings and material take-offs.
- To coordinate the work and assist the Design Team to ensure that all project requirements are properly addressed.
- To generate RFI (Request for Information) documents to be issued to the Client to avoid incorrect information.
- To ensure that all required deliverables are satisfactorily provided and submitted to client.
- To prepare or review important correspondences prepared by the Design Team in case of major design issues.
- Review curtain wall specifications and ensure that all relevant and correct information pertaining to the project are properly incorporated.
- Assist in entitlements and claims by identifying and substantiating the intended claims or variation orders.
- Follow up with the flow of information
- With the available information from the architectural drawings, building code and building requirements, prepare sketches or the conceptual/intent for the curtain wall design of the typical wall using an applicable system.
- In collaboration with the Design Team, prepare design details that is functional that targets various criteria
- Review drawings completed by the team.
- Supervises the preparations of shop drawings, die drawings, fabrication drawings, material take-offs, QA/QC process and other tasks to complete the deliverables.
- Coordinate with or inform the Project Manager of any problems that may arise while developing the system.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager or with the individuals involved in the project such as Clients or Client Representatives, ALT design team members, etc. when requesting the necessary information needed during the phase of works.
- Review all drawings prepared by the team.
- As instructed by the Project Manager, attend coordination meetings whenever needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
- At least 2 years of experience in curtain wall industry.
- Can do sketches (AutoCad or by hand) for design façade details.
- Has knowledge in AutoCad 2D/3D.
- Knowledge in Revit and/or Rhino is an advantage.
- Preference on knowledge in using Inventor software for the production of fabrication drawings.
- Preference on knowledge in using Revit software for the production of shop drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Has good quality of work.
- Understand the requirements of functional, structural and architectural design intent of the façade walls.
- Knows how to manage the task of works assigned.
- Can monitor progress of works.
- Can handle multiple task of works as required by his/her superiors and can handle pressure with or without supervision.
- Can monitor projects with less supervision.
- Has good communication skills (in English).