FAÇADE SENIOR DESIGNER
Date posted: August 10, 2022
- Provide external façade shop drawings that include design details satisfying architectural requirements, structural requirements and weather tightness.
- Provide die or extrusion drawings.
- Provide fabrication drawings and material take-offs.
- Delegate the work and assist the team to ensure that all project requirements are properly addressed.
- To generate RFI (Request for Information) documents to be issued to the client to avoid incorrect information.
- To ensure that all required deliverables are satisfactorily provided and submitted to client.
- To prepare or review important correspondences prepared by the team in case of major design issues.
- Review curtain wall specifications and ensure that all relevant and correct information pertaining to the project are properly incorporated.
- Assist in entitlements and claims by identifying and substantiating the intended claims or variation orders.
- Follow up with the flow of information: From the Architect, From the Client, From the QS Client (when applicable), from the Project Structural Engineers (when applicable), from SCSI team members in general.
- With the available information from the architectural drawings, building code and building requirements, prepare sketches or the concept/intent for the curtain wall design of the typical wall using an applicable system.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, prepare design details that are functional and that target the following criteria: Quantity, Re-glaze and deglaze, Tolerances, Weather tightness, Structural adequacy, Movements, Installation considerations, Thermal performances
- Review drawings completed by the team.
- Supervises the preparations of shop drawings, die drawings, fabrication drawings, material take-offs, QA/QC process and other tasks to complete the deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture.
- At least 6 years and above experience in the curtain wall industry.
- Can do sketches (AutoCad or by hand) for design façade details.
- Has knowledge in AutoCad 2D/3D.
- Knowledge in Revit and/or Rhino is an advantage.
- Preference on knowledge in using Inventor software for the production of fabrication drawings.
- Preference on knowledge in using Revit software use for the production of shop drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Has good quality of work.
- Understand the requirements of the functional, structural and architectural design intent of the façade walls.
- Knows how to manage the task of works assigned.
- Can monitor progress of works.
- Can handle multiple task of works as required by the General Manager and Project Manager and can handle pressure with or without supervision.
- Can monitor projects with less supervision.
- Has good communication skills (in English).