SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Date posted: August 10, 2022
- Ensure that one is familiarized with all aspects of all projects involved. I.e., contracts, scope of works, project organizational chart, overall construction schedule, curtain wall specifications, local (weather, building, fire, safety, etc.) codes and project status and progress.
- Attend meetings to discuss status, progress and other special issues of all projects involved.
- Coordinate regularly with the Team for all projects involved in.
- Compile and document all structural calculation correspondence and file in the relevant Project Folders, hard and soft copy, whichever is required.
- Monitor the work of the Junior Structural Engineer.
- Comply with the company Quality and Operations Manual.
- Have an understanding of all the local codes that are used in delivering the design process of the structural calculations.
- Attend seminars and trainings provided by the company to ensure one is updated with existing and new technologies in curtain wall and related trades.
- Attend design workshops, Manila or abroad, to settle any outstanding structural calculations issues
- Check all the structural analysis done by the Team.
- When necessary assist with the tender evaluation and provide input for the design and structural recommendations based on the review of the submitted tender documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or Masters in Structural Engineering.
- At least 4 to 5 years experience in curtain wall industry
- Has knowledge in Staad, Mathcad, Strand 7 and basic knowledge in Autocad.
- Has good quality of work.
- Can handle at multiple projects.
- Knows how to manage the projects.
- Can do correspondences and attend meetings.
- Can monitor projects.
- Can handle projects with less supervision.